ISO: Assistant Store Director
Full or Part time - Hourly
WHO WE ARE: The Babe Standard is a woman-owned jewelry and accessory boutique based in Kansas City, but sold coast-to-coast. We carry fashion jewelry ranging in price from $9-25, demi fine jewelry pieces ranging from $20-40, as well as a variety of hats & handbags.
We are an online, and mobile boutique traveling the US and attending pop up events. In 2021 we attended events in 13 states across the US.
We believe that women support women, in equality for all && most of all that “Big Hoop Energy Changes the World”
THE RIGHT FIT FOR US: Someone who is independently motivated, and ready to learn and take on a variety of tasks within the business. Someone who is outgoing with a passion for people & sales. The right fit for us has a high energy personality and loves engaging with customers. We prioritize the customer's experience over any and all tasks (aka- If you prefer to do tasks over selling you may not be our best fit). Some fashion experience is preferred but not necessary.
Day to Day tasks to include, but not limited to:
· Assisting in or creating or replenishing displays
· Social content creation at events and in store
· Assist in setting up and tearing down booth display
· Assist customers in selecting jewelry & additional accessories by educating them on trends, and jewelry quality.
· Assist in buying online with potential to attend markets with the owner
· Assist in running local (KC based) events & travel to events out of town approximately 1-2 weekends a month. Travel approximately 10-15 weekends to attend out of town shows with additional evening/weekend requirements for local events. (Travel is optional, but candidates open to travel will be preferred)
· Pulling a U-Haul trailer &/or driving a cargo van to events
· Assist in office duties – shipping/receiving, tagging merchandise
· Responsible for maintaining inventory for their assigned show set
· Research and assist in booking shows & local community outreach pop ups
· Responsible for booking travel for self & any assistants at shows where they are “showrunner”
· Assist in Misc. tasks to assist in business operations
· We have added a new service & you will be trained to custom fit & weld permanent jewelry for our customers. This additional service comes with additional pay opportunities, and requires a non-compete.
WHAT I CAN OFFER: I am ready to train the right person who wants to have a great future, either within our boutique or building their own. We operate on Shopify, so you will be able to learn the backend of that platform working in our business. Monthly jewelry allowance && A hefty employee discount for extras or gifting needs. I will ask that you sign a NDA/Non-Compete, agreeing to not use vendors or attend the same events, but only within my category (jewelry/accessories)
PAY: Salary + Commission at events. Mileage