ISO: Event Sales Assistant
Part-time with Full-Time Potential for the future.
WHO WE ARE: The Babe Standard is a woman-owned jewelry and accessory boutique based in Kansas City, but sold coast-to-coast. We carry fashion jewelry ranging in price from $9-25, demi fine jewelry pieces ranging from $20-40, as well as a variety of hats & handbags.
We are an online, and mobile boutique traveling the US and attending pop up events. In 2020, we attended events in 7 states. For 2021, we currently have shows set up in 10 states through the end of summer.
We believe that women support women, in equality for all && most of all that “Big Hoop Energy Changes the World”
THE RIGHT FIT FOR US: Someone who is independently motivated, and ready to learn and take on a variety of tasks within the business. Someone who is outgoing with a passion for people & sales. I will ask that you sign a NDA/Non-Compete, agreeing to not use vendors or attend the same events, but only within my category (jewelry/accessories)
Tasks to include:
- Assisting in or creating displays
- Social content creation at events
- Assist in setting up and tearing down booth display. Ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Assist in buying online with potential to attend markets with the owner
- Assist in running local (KC based) events with potential to travel to events out of town. Once trained, you will be running events on your own
- Pulling a UHaul trailer &/or driving a cargo van for out-of-town events
WHAT I CAN OFFER: I am ready to train the right person who wants to have a great future, either within our boutique or building their own. We operate on Shopify, so you will be able to learn the backend of that platform working in our business. If interested, there is the potential to travel with us and help at or even run events on your own. Monthly jewelry allowance && A hefty employee discount for extras or gifting needs
PAY: Hourly + Commission at events. Mileage