ISO: Keyholder & Event Sales Assistant
Part-time with Full-Time Potential for the future
Are you looking for a job opportunity that allows you to be your most creative self? Love all things custom & sparkley? Interested in learning more about small business? The Babe Standard is hiring for our Holiday location in Kansas City, MO. This is a seasonal position with the opportunity to stay on after holiday (subject to performance & availability). Are you ready to be the hype girl everyone wants in their corner?
WHO WE ARE: The Babe Standard is a woman-owned jewelry and accessory boutique based in Kansas City, but sold coast-to-coast. We carry fashion jewelry ranging in price from $9-25, demi fine jewelry pieces ranging from $20-50, as well as a variety of hats & handbags. At The Babe Standard, experiences are the focus, and products are the bonus. We offer custom jewelry & the opportunity to customize your wide brim or trucker hat.
The Babe Standard is consistently an early adapter of all accessory trends. We brought permanent jewelry to brick & mortar for the first time & are home to Kansas City’s FIRST Custom Hat Bar. As we are growing & expanding one thing is certain, you can expect new & exciting experiences!
We are an online, brick & mortar and mobile boutique traveling the US and attending pop up events. In 2022 we attended events across the us, in 15 different states. We believe that women support women, in equality for all && most of all that “Big Hoop Energy Changes the World”
THE RIGHT FIT FOR US: Someone who is outgoing, independently motivated, and ready to learn and take on a variety of tasks within the business. Someone who is outgoing with a passion for people & sales. Our ideal Babe will be fashionable with a passion for helping style our customers. Building connections with the community & creating long lasting relations with our customers is key. Must have good eyesight, steady hands and be extremely comfortable with technology. Daily tasks include running a micro welder, laser, and iPad.
TASKS TO INCLUDE:
ARTIST & STYLIST (all training provided)
- Perform the service of permanent jewelry. Must have good eyesight & steady hands. Patience is key as this is an extremely dainty & tiny detail task.
- Assist customers in styling wide brim hats & pressing custom trucker hats for customers
- Assisting in or creating displays at events & in-store
- Social media content creation at events & in-store
- Assist in setting up and tearing down booth display.
- Run day-to-day operations in-store & assist customers. Ability to work in-store alone or with a second team member.
- Assist the owner or Event Sales Director in running the booth, assisting customers, ringing customers out.
- Assist customers in selecting the perfect accessories for their wardrobe.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs & stand for 6+ hours at a time
- Assist in buying online with potential to attend markets with the owner
- Assist in running local (KC based) events with potential to travel to events out of town. Once trained, you will be running events on your own
- Pulling a UHaul trailer &/or driving a cargo van for out-of-town events
WHAT I CAN OFFER: I am ready to train the right person who wants to have a great future, either within our boutique or building their own. We operate on Shopify, so you will be able to learn the backend of that platform working in our business. If interested, there is the potential to travel with us and help at or even run events on your own. Monthly jewelry allowance && A hefty employee discount for extras or gifting needs. I will ask that you sign a NDA/Non-Compete, agreeing to not use vendors or attend the same events, but only within my category (jewelry/accessories)
PAY: Hourly + Bonus potential at events. Mileage. Commission + Tips.
Our part-time team members average $20-28/hour with all compensation combined
JOIN OUR TEAM
A CREATIVE POSITION
Join a team passionate about unique experiences, custom experiences && a company who values creativity.